Commercial Project ManagerApply Now
Overall accountability of commercial construction projects assigned.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities
- Interact with Superintendents, sub-contractors, other construction trades, design professionals, consultants and owner clients.
- Prepare and update project schedule, including sub-contractors and company employees.
- Reading plans and specifications effectively.
- Finishing jobs on time or ahead of schedule within the allotted budget.
- Review project plans.
- Develop a good working relationship with clients, vendors, and sub-contractors.
- Attend owner and contractor meetings to discuss progress schedules.
- Create and execute project contracts and change orders to owners and sub-contractors as needed.
- Maintain and enforce good construction practices and quality control.
- Control and maintain labor, material and equipment expenses.
- Accountable to the owner(s) of projects assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and AbilitiesKnowledge of office management systems and procedures.
- Working knowledge of office equipment.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Proficiency in Sage 300 is preferred.
- Excellent time management skills.
- The ability to prioritize work.
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to multitask.
- Must have at least 5 years of experience as a Project Manager in commercial construction.
- Strong understanding of construction terms, methods, scheduling and project planning concepts and commercial construction code.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Programs, including, but not limited to Microsoft Project.